Saturday 14 July 2012

Review

One of my favourite reviews of Thrift by LouLou.

'I was initially grabbed by the infinite possibilities that the blurb suggested and Thrift did not disappoint. Its comic element is so effective due to its accuracy. The caricature of a bad attitude teacher and a narcissistic, shallow management team versus a realistically portrayed (oh yes!) gaggle of teenage schoolchildren makes for hilarious and all too possible reading.

The quality of Church's writing is such that its fluidity is seamless and challenges you to even notice the words on the page. I was guided directly into the smells and mayhem of a secondary classroom. I have found myself relating anecdotes from Thrift for a good fortnight. I couldn't recommend this more to while away an enjoyable few hours.

Well done Phil Church'

No comments:

Post a Comment